Uni-Tea (India) - Tea and Spices Manufacturer
Health Benefits Of Tea
Most probably, tea is the most commonly consumed beverage in the world besides water, of course. And it should be that way since tea offers important health benefits that one can't just ignore.
• Study finds tea drinkers have lower blood pressure
(Archives of Internal Medicine, 2004).
• Tea may lower cholesterol and protect against heart disease (Journal of Nutrition, 2003).
• Black tea may lower “bad” cholesterol (United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Beltsville Human Nutrition Research Center, 2003).
• Tea consumption may help heart disease patients (Circulation: The Journal of the American Heart Association, 2001).
• Green tea could help stem esophageal cancer. (Harvard
Medical School, 2004).
• Green and black tea can slow down the spread of prostate cancer (Center for Human Nutrition at UCLA's David Geffen School of Medicine, 2004).
• Tea may protect against cancer caused by smoking. (Journal of Nutrition, 2003).
• Green tea and white tea fight colon cancer (Linus Pauling Institute at Oregon State University study, Carcinogenesis, 2003).
• Hot tea may lower risk of some skin cancers (University of Arizona study, Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention (Vol. 9, No. 7), 2001).
• Green tea consumption may lower stomach cancer risk (University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) School of Public Health study, International Journal of Cancer (Vol. 92: 600-604), 2001).
• Green and oolong teas reduce risk of hypertension (National Cheng Kung University study, Archives of Internal Medicine, 2004).
• Tea believed to boost the body’s defenses (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2003)
• A green tea component helps kill leukemia cells (Mayo Clinic, 2004).
• Drinking tea might delay Alzheimer's Disease (Newcastle University's Medicinal Plant Research Centre study, Phytotherapy Research, 2004).
• Tea may play a role as an AIDS fighter (University of Tokyo, Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2003).
Credit: The above material has been sourced from !
Readers are advised to use the information judiciously only after checking up the facts with their own doctor/physician/medical expert. The above information is in NO way to be considered medical advice from the owners of this web site.